Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sac Town Easter action...

Thursday approximately 12 p.m. I get the memo that Obama is coming into town and the highways are going to be clogged with a holes trying to catch a glimpse or act like they have business to tend to with Barack in town. Beat it! The "HT" is planning on a road trip to Sac today and don't have time for you creeps.

The drive:

6 p.m. rolls around and we saddle up for a trip of epic proportions consisting of In n Out and a Mormon family with 12 toe headed heathens between the ages of 5-12 running around the place terrorizing Erica poking her in the arm to the point she had to switch seats with Zac to get away from from the child of the corn. One of the little jerks came within a foot of me and stared at me till I checked him with a "too close bro"! He got the message and went and played patty cake. About 30 miles later a nice civilian pulls up next to me and starts pointing at my tire. I didnt really get it at first but apparently my tires were down to the metal parking all over the road. I pulled over ever so cautiously of this guy because I wasn't sure if he had road rage or just being nice. Zac was convinced he was going to wear me as a pelt. Turns out this was just the nicest dude ever and offered to follow us to a gas station and help me change my tire. I decided to see how far we could roll on this blazing wheel of excellence and made it to some small town near Harris ranch. POP! we pull over and E gets aaa on the horn. some lonely CHP stopped by and was overly insistent on hanging out until the tow truck got there. We insisted it wasn't necessary but I think Erica was striking his fancy whipping her ginger mane all over in his face (at least in his mind). So Jed beat it and the tow truck driver swapped out the tire in record timing and back to our mission cruising on a doughnut for the next 200 miles.

Sacramento/Friday

So we get to Sac around 2 a.m. I hit the couch at my gma's and was out almost instantly. Woke up Friday with Rebecca Black in my head. You know the terrible song called Friday. Ya it's brutal and Greg posted it on my facebook page. I drove out to my old office to drop off some equipment and find out it's now a web design/web site hosting deal. Cool thanks for the heads up. From there I met up with Pip and Greg at haggin Oaks for some intense golf action. I knocked back a few tall boys and my game was on point, at least compared to the last time i golfed.

Got home and got dressed for dinner with my mom and Grandma. We decided to go to Zocalo's since Paesano's was closed. After dinner my mom dropped me off with Greg and Boston Rob. I don't remember the last time I saw someone so pumped to see me when I saw Rob. This fool was like a a happy little mutt when his master returned home going on about how svelt I looked and how awesome my hair was. Damn Rob! Good looking homie good to see you too. Bo Ro sure knows how to welcome a guy home. Good to see you pal. We ended up knocking a few back at G's and watched stumble around for a bit and gave Pip some friendly advice. Capped the night off with a few 32 oz's and some Shark Tank re runs (my new favorite show).

Saturday:

Woke up on Greg's couch around 10 a.m. to a ever so spritely Greg. Just a chipper chap. Chipper Jones hung over as f%$k on a Saturday. Left Greg's to pick up C Watts for Easter dinner/Corvette slanging. Then hit the gym with Bowles. Didn't really mix any weights in and sat in the hot tub for about an hr and mixed in a little sauna action. Not bad after a long night of Greg and Bo Ro.

Got back to gma's at about 5 p.m. and visited with my aunt Jan and Sina. Grandma J whipped up a dominant Easter dinner and I delivered a grace that was pretty rookie level but whatever I piss doves. It's always good times hanging with my mom my aunts and Corey. These ladies always have a good sense of humor and laugh at my jokes. We caught up for a bit had a few glasses of wine then it was almost time to meet up with the crew again. The plan was to meet at Greg's to pregame before going out down town. when I get to Greg's house he is face down on his couch spooning the daylights out of some pillows and a blanket. If a sloth and a human mated this is exactly what it would look like. So Greg appears to be bailing but ended up making it out later. Me,Bowles, Erica and Zac rolled to Mix. We thought about The Park but then saw the scene and thought better of it. Mix it is. Brandon Lower and his pal Justin also met up with us at Mix. We snapped some flix, shot the shit, apparently pissed off one of Erica's dude friends that we went to high school with and has some mysterious leftover animosity towards us. Weird but whatever. Knocked a few back at Mix then me and Bowles rolled to Ink to get some food late night. When i got home to my gma's Corey was still up so we hung out for a bit and crushed a few Bud Light Limes. Apparently my neighbors heard us talking out front because grams was a little sour the next day. Sorry nabes.

Sunday:

By this point Im pretty worn down from all the running around over the weekend but I still need to see my dad and his fam as well as scoop up Erica in El Dorado Hills to head back to L.A. I had to drive to Shingle Springs to see the folks but it was good times. I tossed the ball with my little bro, visited with my step mom and their giant Rottweiler molested me once again. I bagged it up about 3 p.m. and on my way to Erica's folks house i realized I had another tire on the verge of blowing out. Cooooool! On Easter too! Luckily after trying like 25 tire stores that were all closed we found out Sears was open. On the way to Sears we must have passed 99 tire stores all closed as I'm just dragging my feet getting dirty looks from cars as they pass. Wtf do you want me to do pal! I have a flat useless tire get off my back! Sears...Tire...Installed...Back to it. Me and E flew solo on the way back as 1/3 of the HT stayed behind. 6 hrs of open road ahead of us. We talked a good amount of shop but the highlight was definitely making remixes to Bone Thugs N Harmony. we couldn't figure out the lyrics so we decided to make up our own. We dedicated a verse to Zac too it was pretty phenomenal.

3 comments:

  1. man, that's good stuff. i just gobbled all that up like a hungry pip attacking a t-bell bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a lot of that fella this weekend. Glad you liked it because I felt it was lack luster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you threw my wristlet in Greg's trash.

    But...

    The reinterpretation of Bone Thugs and driving with hazards and on while people in '89 corollas mugged us (Sorry, it's just a flat man. next time I'll light my engine on fire. Maybe then you won't glare at me for making you change lines.)... yeah good memories.

    "Silly hipsters with their smurfs hats, and their nikons, ready to pack you if you steal their american spirits."

    ReplyDelete

Speak your drivel!