Monday, March 21, 2011

As if i could get more awesome...Add cooking and my own recipe to the arsenal

I thought I pretty much peeked out. I wasn't sure there was more room for awesome but I was wrong again. Cooking! Yep. Chef ya boy D. That's what I'm known as now. The tightness assembled for our weekly family dinner upon the notion that Huevos Rancheros may be the best thing ever. While sucking down some Huevos this weekend I lurked on Erica's dish and noticed she had some super sweet looking criss cut fries. Huevos Rancheros typically comes with corn tortillas but what if we substituted them for criss cut fries? Boom magic established. I was challenged to make this dream come true and not being a sucker I will perform. I am calling my dish "Irish Huevos Rancheros" due to the potatoe intervention and a few other additions that I threw in.

Step 1: You have to fry up some fries. We went with flat scalloped style because the criss cutting was to difficult without the proper utensil. Boil the scallops in a pot with 2 bottles of oil dumped in. Preheat the oil to 325. Let them sit for 20 minutes then add season salt and corn meal for crispiness. 2 potatoes should get you where you need to be. This takes the longest so start here. Dominance.
 










Step 2: Get to slicing and dicing like a Kavorkian. It's important to chop with violent intensity and talk to the food like your it's master. I went with fresh jalapenos, red bel pepper, green bell pepper, some cilantro, chicken apple sausage and potatoes obviously. Dominance. You may want to slick your hair back like Ricky Schroeder or Jesse James for good measure. Mainly to show anger and aggression to the ingredients so they don't start getting whacky and back sassing. Winning.

Step 3: Choose the proper supporting cast. I chose "The Hella Tightness" because the last thing you want to do is pick someone that is not hella tight and effs up the whole program. If they have a Spartucus chin or sweat neon green you can assume they are "Hella Tight". This is also the step where you compile everything into their respected pans. Crack open 3-5 eggs depending on how many people and thrown the vegetable and meat shrapnels into a pan with some black beans and let it simmer until cooked. Crushing.

Step 4: This is where it get's tricky and takes the hands of Lynn Swann and Steve Largent to pull off. The egg transfer. If your not careful you will break the yolks or break the whites causing the whole thing to be a catastrophic waste of time and if your like me you travel at the speed of light mixed with whatever Barry Bonds was on, time is not cheap.Sprinkle large quantities of cheese over the eggs until you can hear yourself getting fatter. Top it off with some salsa verde and Voi la. Irish Huevos Ranchers. Complete utter domination at it's finest. Beat it Wolf Gang!

Step 5: Enjoy. The inside of your mouth should look like this or you blew it. Punk'd via culinary. Party.


5 comments:

  1. I'm only a couple hours away. Can I get a doggy bag? Oh, and it's a good thing you had Lynn Swan and Steve Largent hands. I see you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dubb if I hadn't made like The Grinch that stole Christmas not leaving a morsel for a mouse you would for sure have a doggy bag doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irish Huevos Rancheros was a HR. No doubt about that. Glad I could watch, learn and get my hands a little dirty.

    You should see the menu coming down the pipeline for next Sunday's HT family dinner. TBA but all you really need to know is bring those knife cuts Z showed you, an empty stomach and a poised fork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already knowing to bring my silverware kit. I keep a special kit tucked away in a safe for situations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Delish! You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your drivel!