Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Funday??









Act 1: The debate

I’m hearing a lot about Sunday fun day lately. I feel like this phenomenon kind of crept into my life. Like it's always been there but now it has a name that everyone uses. I’m debating at the moment what to do with this "fun day". I feel I owe it to myself to catch some rays, toss a football on the beach or help an old lady cross the street just because 2011 is the year of the gentlemen. My options currently are carousing Venice with "The Hella Tightness" which has all the ingredients for a hella tight day or shoot over to Santa Anita to bet on some ponies. One thing I will be doing for sure is selling this coat rack of a futon in my back room for half what I paid for it to some guy from craigslist that may or may not chloroform me when he gets here. Should be an adventure.

Truth be told I’ll probably just sit here and watch Soprano re-runs on A & E. Either way I win everything, everywhere, every time...Hands down.

Act 2: The decision

Venice it is. The Hella Tightness does go out in the daylight is not nocturnal apparently. HT landed in Venice at approximately 3 pm. Presence was immediately established. Erica shoe horned herself into her white shorts, Zac looked just like a Jew writer from New York and I looked just like I stepped out of Roseville (FML). So the plan was sustenance. I ate the worst most expensive huevos rancheros I’ve had since being in L.A... I puked a bit then we paid the tab and proceeded to shop a bit. I got caught trying on aspiring director hats. Like a Kangol but plaid. I was trying to be sneaky but was caught red handed conspiricizing with the clerk about styles and fashions. Can’t sneak anything by the HT however. We proceeded down the boardwalk/side show and experienced an eclectic group of peeps from the juggling hippie, the shirtless meat heads with (these shirts never had a chance) tees stuffed in their back pockets to numerous hounds just totally disregarding public relief policy and looking very humbled by having to deuce in public (how I feel daily).


So we went to this coffee shop I heard of before...Starbucks? Nice call Erica. We did walk through the most hippest coffee shop I’ve ever been in however Intelligentsia. My IQ immediately shot up 88 points and I’m pretty sure I could have written a Pulitzer Prize sitting in there. Unfortunately like 30 other a holes beat me to the punch and were spilling immensely important words into their Mac books already so we split. I fired up the Pandora radio on my phone and walked around blasting "I want to know what love is" by foreigner boom box fashion. It was pretty sweet but I don’t think the natives found it humorous. Whatever go eat some granola Kelly Slater...Jerky surfer.


That was the gist of the day. I know I’m leaving out like 1,000 jokes because that's how "The Hella Tightness" rolls but whatev can’t win em all. Now it's time for the Grammy awards, wine and hot dogs. 100% dominance. Thanks for coming...There's the door pip squeak.

5 comments:

  1. I'm about to start getting hella jealous of the hella tightness. Happy valentine's day, cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya dude, hella tightness is looking like some strange inverse of threes company freaky shit. Phenomenal. Too bad your Flen piece is an impostor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted Intelligentsia-- which is why we still went there. Stars just happened to be in front of us and the temp had dropped 15 degrees. Besides I snagged you a free coffee and you turned on the boom smart phone--- all was well. Who knew how long Z was going to want to browse the Optical Shop of Aspen? We might not have made it to Abbot Kinney. Although, I'm glad we did. You snagged your beanie and we had that killer photo session. Thanks ladies for deciding to get hitched and more importantly take your engagement photos against that particular wall. I might not have gotten the photo of you and Z for this entry. And that would have been a tragedy. * Cwatts I don't appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flen peice. Thanks for touching on the finer points of the day I left out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, then don't forget about tape incidents. How about that?

    ReplyDelete

Speak your drivel!